"I thirst"
















I thirst!

The desert place: a place of identification

Father

I thirst

In this desert place

I thirst

I thirst for an understanding of my identity in you


If! .. you are .. the Son of God …. he said to me

Abba … I do not question your Word

You declared me to be your Son

But for a deeper understanding of all that means

I thirst

Entered into human shell

Human hands

Human feet

Human heart

Human mind

I AM … called to encapsulate all that you are


Father

I thirst

In this desert place

I thirst

I thirst

for a deeper understanding

of my identity in you.


The desert place: a place of Trial and Temptation

Father

I thirst

In this desert place

I thirst

I thirst for your righteousness

Abba

Above all

I thirst to remain right with you!


He knew … he knew …

that tempter that deceiver knew

The optimum moment to strike

In that place of human weakness

Body breaking

Head pounding

Stomach craving

The evil one pounced:

‘tell these stones to become bread

test your God – throw yourself down –

let the angels attend

bow down to me

and all you could ever want for

will be yours’

But Father

This desert place

paradoxically

Is a place of unparalleled

intimacy

And in human weakness

You are made strong.


Father

I thirst

In this desert place

I thirst

I thirst for your righteousness

Abba I thirst to remain right with you!


The desert place: A place of preparation:

A place of transition

Father

I thirst

In this desert place

I thirst

I thirst for direction from you.

The desert place

The place of the scapegoat

Now ravaged by the wild beasts

The High Priest having placed the sin of Israel

Upon its shoulders

According to my Father’s word

Driven into the wilderness to die!



Father in this desert place

I find my reason for being

My purpose discovered

The direction you will take me revealed

Father here in this desert place

You are leading me

preparing to take me

where no other can go

A place of unquenchable compassion

A place of total reconciliation

For I AM

Being led to that place

Where I will say

“I thirst”



Father, Son and Holy Spirit

We thirst

We thirst for identification in you

We thirst for righteousness

We thirst for justice

We thirst for compassion

We thirst for understanding

We thirst for direction

We thirst for living water

We thirst for you

For only you O Lord

Can quench our thirst.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where does the ability to love come from?

Hedonist in the Making

A Bible Believing Repentance Seeking Evangelising Arch-Bishop