Man is nothing but ...

Man is nothing but:

FAT enough for seven bars of soap

IRON enough for one medium size nail

SUGAR enough for seven cups of tea

LIME enough to whitewash one chicken coup

MAGNESIUM enough for one dose of salts

PHOSPHOROUS enough to tip 2,200 matches

POTASH enough to explode one toy crane

SULPHUR enough to rid one dog of fleas (C E M Joad)

OR PERHAPS MAN IS SOMETHING MORE THAN THIS .... PERHAPS HE IS SOMEONE WHO CAN EXERCISE FREE WILL! PERHAPS HE IS SOMEONE WHO IS ABLE TO RATIONALISE! PERHAPS HE HAS A SOUL AND A SPIRIT! PERHAPS HE HAS A REASON FOR BEING!

The human soul consists of our mind, our free will and our emotions. To say that free will does not exist, that the choices that we make are random, would make the penal system unjust. Why should one be sent to prison for murdering (even a child) if all we are is a combination of physical matter? It would also rob us of any sense of conscience any purpose or meaning of life. Evidence for the soul can be based on experience of ourselves - the fact that we are conscious of our being who we are. Evidence of the soul is our ability to rationalise and take responsibility for the decisions that we make.

Evidence for our soul is the God given ability to LOVE..




Comments

Michelle said…
Hi My Wonderful Brother

Just been reading some of your posts and some of the comments - You always did know how to stir the hornets nest! How marvellous to have such a lively debate with knowledgable people.

I wonder if Nohm is Alan LOL sure sounds like him

He's in hospital at the mo, in for routine op.

Love you lots
Nohm said…
I don't know who "Alan" is, but I can assure you that I am not him.
Thanks Michelle

Love you too! (mmm that love word again!)Will pray for Alan - hope everything goes well.

XXX
"I don't know who "Alan" is, but I can assure you that I am not him."

lol Nohm: Alan is Michelle's better half.

Notice you haven't replied to my comment re what agape really is/is not(philippians quote) and about those who knew Jesus that were prepared to die (very soon after Jesus died on the cross - and rose and ascended)for their faith in Him.
Nohm said…
Neil, because those are questions that only make sense within your theological construct.

It's like me asking you if you thought that Spider-Man made a good decision in listening to Tony Stark and revealing himself during the Marvel Civil War.

That is, these are questions that can only really be answered by believers.

As for "those who knew Jesus that were prepared to die" not only has multiple answers, but assumes that it's a reliable record of events.

For example, people died for their faith in Waco, TX, but do YOU think that David Koresh was the second coming?

So no, even when I believe that people die for their faith, it doesn't hint to me that their faith is true in any way.

If you had questions that were specific to me, please re-iterate them and I'll try to answer.

I will notice that for someone who gets huffy about me replying to you, there are MANY questions of mine that you still haven't responded to, both here and on Wayne's blog. I just try to give you the benefit of the doubt that you're busy... I would appreciate the same; I'm not avoiding any of your questions.

Popular posts from this blog

Where does the ability to love come from?

Hedonist in the Making

A Bible Believing Repentance Seeking Evangelising Arch-Bishop