A Church that is not living outwardly is dying inwardly! (and a set of precious stones)

There are churches out there that have no intention of offering salvation to the lost. Many are very inward looking, with an "It's all about us" attitude - "they can come and join us if they want." A church that is not living OUTWARDLY is DYING INWARDLY!

Church was never meant to be like this -in Acts it was all about the church moving outwards (being sent). God is indeed a sending God - not a 'let's hang around and see what happens' type of God.

God sends his Son, Jesus send us and sends the Holy Spirit to motivate us to GO.
Our first motivation for mission is of course Jesus command to "GO and make disciples of all nations."

It is because Jesus is Lord that we say "Yes ... Here I am ... send me" and in fact we should need no other motivation than this.

For me though I have a picture in my mind when I am doing mission and sharing God's grace and means of salvation. It looks something like this:



Beautiful isn't it?

The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, the fifth sardonyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, the twelfth amethyst. (Revelation 21:19,20)

You see, when we are doing mission I believe we are helping to build the very foundations of the new Jerusalem itself!

But our greatest motivation to do mission will always be what Jesus has done for me!

Because the sinless Saviour died
My sinful soul is counted free
for God, the just, is satisfied
to look on Him and pardon me

Behold Him there the risen lamb
My perfect, spotless, Righteousness
the great unchangeable I AM
The King of Glory and of Grace

One with himself I can not die
My soul is purchased by his blood
My life is hid with Christ on high
With Christ, my Saviour and my God.
(Charitie Lees Bancroft)

There will never be any greater motivation for church to get involved in mission than this!

If you believe Jesus died for your Sins, why not share this good news with someone else today?







Comments

Michelle said…
Thanks for your comments on my blog, glad you like the card could it be involved in a sermon or preaching of some sort I wonder? One way perhaps??

You write really well Neil - proud of you and what you are striving to acheive
x Shell
Michelle
My wonderful sister!
The card will be put to use:
Watch this space!

Neil

xx
Dawg said…
That hymn brought tears to my eyes!

Keep up the great work in the Lord!!!
Wayne
Yes it is a beautiful song - actually written I think in the 19th Century - but now has a new tune. I think I will down load it onto this blog in the next few days.
May God bless your ministry too!
Neil
Ike said…
Although the lostness of men should drive us to the mission field, it should not be our primary motivation any more than loving our neighbor should be a higher commandment than that of loving God. Those most effective and enduring on the mission field are those who are there first and foremost for the glory and good pleasure of God. When every other motivation or reason for staying has failed them, they remain because above all things they are there for God!
Hi Neil,

Thanks for sharing that with us! Very insightful!

Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
mind praying for the prayer requests that are
on our main page?

May the Lord bless you and your family!!

Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - please consider "following" our blog -or- atleast
grab one of our free, linking, blue buttons. (see top
sidebar at www.LighthousePrayerLine.org).
Michelle said…
A little something on my blog for you
x x Michelle

Popular posts from this blog

Where does the ability to love come from?

Hedonist in the Making

A Bible Believing Repentance Seeking Evangelising Arch-Bishop