The Ten Blogging Commandments









Evangelical Alliance have come up with Ten Blogging Commandments: What do you think?

1. You shall not put your blog before your integrity.
2. You shall not make an idol of your blog.
3. You shall not misuse your screen name by using your anonymity to sin.
4. Remember the Sabbath day by taking one day off a week from your blog.
5. Honour your fellow-bloggers above yourselves and do not give undue significance to their mistakes.
6. You shall not murder someone else’s honour, reputation or feelings.
7. You shall not use the web to commit or permit adultery in your mind.
8. You shall not steal another person’s content.
9. You shall not give false testimony against your fellow-blogger.
10.You shall not covet your neighbour's blog ranking. Be content with your own content.

PS in view of 8 above I better at least reveal my source: Ruth Gledhill of The Times

Comments

Doorman-Priest said…
Well: no. 4 is a rebuke to me most certainly. I shall have to take action on that. I can think of one or two who might need to have a look at no. 9 too. (Oh get over it Jack).
DP

A number of these are most challenging to me too 5 and 6 come to mind.

Neil
Anonymous said…
Hi Neil,

I saw those commandments and wondered what you thought of these commandments? http://faith-theology.blogspot.com/2008/09/new-ten-commandments-for-bloggers.html
Hi Anita

After mediatating on them day and night:

If the blogger was being serious, found some of his commandments restictive and ironically preachy! They are in part humerous.

I guess the blogger doesn't think that God can use blogs to further HIS kingdom. Whilst blogs are not 'the power of God unto salvation' in themselves they could be used as a media to proclaim the gospel. I have no doubt that God can speak through a blog in the same way He can speak through film, drama, books and other media.

I guess his real point is not to take ourselves too seiously and on this he is not wrong.
Anonymous said…
Thanks Neil, I was interested to hear what you, a blogger, thought! I still remain a mere browser! :) best wishes
Anita

I think you would do a very interesting blog - go for it!

Neil

Popular posts from this blog

Where does the ability to love come from?

Hedonist in the Making

A Bible Believing Repentance Seeking Evangelising Arch-Bishop