Priests who talk dirty

'But among you there should not even be a hint of sexual imorality ... nor should there be obsenity, foolish talk or coarse joking which are out of place' Ephesians 5: 3-4

(This is an edited version of my original post)

The Bible makes it clear that it is wrong for Christians, especially leaders in the church to swear and get involved in obscene talk and sexual innuendo. Unfortunately it is my (recent and past) experience that this too often happens. I would even go as far as saying that in the Church of England this is endemic and I would call for Priests to repent of this! I have known people to walk away from church because there was no fruit in the lives of the leaders. I have also known people who have been very hurt by sexual comments of leaders in the church.

Comments

00 said…
Neil:

So sorry to hear this. The sad thing is, is that stuff like this isn't merely limited to the CoE....you can find issues like these in almost every denomination. While it might be frustrating now to be involved with the CoE b/c of stuff like this, perhaps God has called you here to change the way things are done within the CoE? You could be used as a catalyst for change.

Keep on keeping on :-) I'm praying for you. It excites me to know that there are those within the CoE that are on-fire for the Lord and all about evangelism. The Episcopal Church here in America seems to only make the news for its dealings on the issue of homosexuality.
Anonymous said…
Rhea

Thanks for your support on this issue. I certainly feel that sometimes I am on my own in terms of someone who is prepared to challenge bad behaviour. So at times like these I am very grateful for first being able to go home and share and receive support from my wife and also the prayerful support of others.

God bless

Neil

Popular posts from this blog

Where does the ability to love come from?

Hedonist in the Making

A Bible Believing Repentance Seeking Evangelising Arch-Bishop