Thursday, November 27, 2008
I have come up with 10 questions to ask Mormons and JWs:
(1) What does one of Jesus’ names ‘Emanuel’ mean? Answer: God with us!
(2) Complete the Bible passage from Isaiah: He (Jesus) will be called, Wonderful Counselor, Mighty G.., Everlasting F….., Prince of Peace. Answer: Mighty God! and Everlasting Father! (Isaiah 9:6)
(3) Why did the Jews try to stone Jesus in John 10? Answer: For alleged ‘blasphemy’, because Jesus claimed to be God!
(4) God’s 10 commandments include “You shall have no other gods before me” and elsewhere we are commanded not to worship any other God’s. Given that God is the same yesterday, today and forever, why then in Daniel does He give Jesus authority, glory and sovereign power and in His presence allow ‘all people’s, nations and men of every language’ to worship Jesus? (Daniel 7:14) Answer: can only be because Jesus is God!
(5) If God is the only one who can give life – why did Jesus claim ‘I am THE way, THE truth and THE LIFE’ Answer: see (4) above.
(6) Can you complete the following sentence: Jesus said “ . am the resurrection and the Life” Answer: “I AM THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIFE!”
(7) Complete the following sentence: “The Son (Jesus) is the radiance of God’s glory and THE E…. representation of his being, sustaining all things …” (Hebrews 1:3) Answer: EXACT REPRESENTATION
(8) Can you complete the following verse: “Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who being in very nature G..”? (Philippians 2: 6) Answer: God!
(9) Thomas (John 20), having felt the scars of the resurrected Jesus called Jesus “MY LORD AND MY GOD” (the highest form of worship) why did Jesus not say “Hang on a minute Thomas – you are jumping from the frying pan of disbelief into the fire of blasphemy?” – why instead did Jesus say … “how slow you are to believe”? Answer: because Jesus claims to be God!
(10) WHY THEN CAN’T YOU SEE THAT THE BIBLE IS CLAIMING THAT JESUS IS GOD?
Can you think of any more?
“Let your conversations be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you know how to answer everyone.” (Colossians: 4:6)
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
"More Down's syndrome babies are being born than before pre-natal screening became widespread, figures show.
The UK saw 749 Down's births in 2006, up from 717 in 1989 when tests came in.
The Down's Syndrome Association surveyed 1,000 parents to find out why they had pressed ahead with a pregnancy despite a positive test result.A fifth said they had known somebody with Down's, a third cited religious or anti-abortion beliefs and 30% felt life had improved for people with Down's."
So writes the BBC.
In one sense this is encouraging, but isn't it about time that abortion of downs babies is made illegal?
My nephew has Downs and has been a constant inspiration to me and our whole family. He is now at college training to be an actor and has already been involved in film and a number of theatre productions. This week he celebrated his engagement. His life is not without struggles but whose is?
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Above is a video of Church Army's Captain Rob Barker's bus ministry. I have so much respect for this guy - and all that he is doing at Ellesmere Port. As regular visitors to this blog will know I am presently raising monies for a bus ministry. If anyone or any church has a burning desire to support my work in prayer or sponsor my work and particularly a bus ministry, please contact me through my e-mail address (on profile).